Learn how to make your own home made Chicken shawarma from the comfort of your kitchen. Spiced with Knorr chicken cubes for that great taste that always makes a difference!
- Prep Time Minutes
- Chicken breasts
- Knorr chicken cubes
- Curry powder
- Dried thyme
- Onion powder
- Garlic salt
- Crushed chillies- roughly Ground dried shombo
- Lemon Juice
For the Wrap
- Flat bread
- Red onions
- Lettuce - optional
- Julienne carrots
- Tatase - red bell pepper
- Shombo pepper - for the heat
- you can substitute with green chillies of ata rodo
- Dry pepper
- Salad cream – optional
- Foil paper
- Season the chicken breasts to your taste preference and leave in the fridge to marinate for 30 - 45 minutes.
- Add 2 tablespoons of oil to a frying pan or griddle pan if you choose to grill it and allow it to get very hot. Take the chicken breasts out of the fridge and place in the pan.
- Allow it to sear for 2 minutes. 1 minute in, take a sharp knife and make incisions on the chicken breast to allow the heat to penetrate deep into the flesh. Give it another 2 - 3 minutes and the chicken should cook through completely.
- Take the chicken breasts out of the hot pan and slice longitudinally on a chopping board, set aside and leave it to rest.
- Slice and chop all the vegetables
- Get your flat bread and place on foil paper
- Lay over the vegetables, in whatever order you wish.
- Place the sliced chicken breasts on top, scoop on Mayo and Ketchup and sprinkle on a little dry pepper
- Roll the wrap gently.
- Once rolled, wrap with the foil paper.
- Place the wrap in the oven and let it grill for 5 minutes, or place the wrap in a dry frying pan and let it heat up for 5 minutes. Serve hot