Meat, bay leaves, plantain & pepper sauce makes up this appetizing dish. It can be served as lunch or dinner. Click to get the recipe.
- Prep Time Minutes
- Half kilo of assorted meats (beef, goat meats, saki, cowleg, snails, chicken - you can pick and choose what type of meats to add)
- 5 Chili peppers, 6 Balls of tomatoes
- 1 red bell pepper (tatashe)
- 1 green pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 2 Onions
- Curry powder
- Knorr stew seasoning powder
- Knorr cubes
- Bay leaves
- Vegetable oil/cooking butter
- 2 - 3 pieces of ripe plantains.
- Wash your assorted meat, put into a dry pot. Add your bay leaves,a pinch of salt, thyme and Knorr cubes. Use separate pots if using chicken and/or snails
- Cover the pot tightly and shake all added ingredients together(that is mixing them thoroughly).
- Leave inside pot for 20 mins without cooking. This will allow for the ingredients to penetrate into your meats. After 20 mins, add some water and cook for few mins.
- Remove from the pot after cooking and fry.
- Wash & dice your peppers and chillies. Wash & slice your tomatoes & onion
- Blend 2 tomatoes, 1 tatashe, 1 onion and 2 pieces of chilli pepper to a smooth paste
- Slice your plantain into cubes and fry
- Fry or grill your assorted meats
- Place a dried pot on the cooker,melt your cooking butter or heat up vegetable oil in it and allow to heat up for 2 minutes
- Add your sliced onions, red, yellow and green pepper. pepper. Stir and allow to cook for 1 minute
- Add your blended pepper, knorr stew seasoning, knorr cubes, curry powder, salt, thyme and let it fry for 3 - 5 minutes, depending on the quantity you have
- Add the fried dodo to the fried pepper sauce and stir. Let it simmer for 2 minutes
- Add your, fried assorted meats, stir and allow to cook for a few mins.
- Let the bay leaves be added as the last ingredient because when the leaves are over heated they turn black instead of green.
- Taste for salt and seasoning. Readjust if necessary
- Take it off the cooker and serve. Garnish with onions