Ewa Agoyin Stew
You can never ignore the nice aroma of Ewa Agoin stew! It is sauce for well -prepared honey beans and served with hot yam or freshly baked bread. It’s one of the best breakfast ideas.
- Prep Time Minutes
- 2 cups red beans
- 1 large white onion (thinly slices)
- 1 cup palm oil
- 1 Knorr cube
- 1/4 cup dried blended crayfish
- 1 large bell pepper (tatashe)
- 4 habanero peppers (Ata Rodo)
- 1 medium onion
- 1 tsp salt
- Add 6 cups of water to a pot, set on low heat. Wash and add the beans. Leave on low heat for 2hr:30min or until the beans is very soft. Add salt to taste.
- In a blender, combine the bell pepper, habanero(rodo) pepper and the half medium onion.
- Set a medium sized pot on low heat, add the palm oil
- Bleach the oil for 10-15mins
- Turn the heat to minimum, add the chopped onion, stir at interval. This takes about 30-40mins.
- Add in the blender chopped pepper to another pot, boil for 15mins (this is to remove excess water)
- Add the parboiled pepper to the fried onion, cook for about 15mins.
- Add in the crayfish, salt and knorr.
- Taste for seasoning
- Cook on medium heat for another 10mins.
- Serve on beans