Mixed Sea Food/Mixed Vegetable Sauce
Get your taste buds excited with this easy to make mixed seafood recipe which includes Crab meat, clams, squid & mussels.
- Prep Time Minutes
- A Variety Of Seafood - Mussels
- Firm White Fish (2 Or 3 Varieties)
- 4 Large Tomatoes
- 2 Red Bell Peppers – Tatase
- 3 Chilli Pepper
- Olive Oil
- 2 Small Red Onions
- 2 Cloves Of Garlic
- 1 Green Bell Pepper
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper
- Juice Of Half A Lemon
- Dried Pepper
- Chopped Efinrin - Scent Leaf Or Nchawu
- Chopped Basil
- Knorr Cubes
- Clean the seafood thoroughly, sprinkle over the lemon juice and set aside
- Using a blender, blend the tomatoes, red bell peppers, scotch bonnets and 1 red onion to a smooth paste.
- Empty the contents of the blender into a pot; turn up the heat and boil the pepper mixture for 10 minutes.
- Chop the other red onion, and finely mince the garlic. Cut the green and yellow bell pepper into julienne strips and set aside. In a deep saucepan or pot, heat up 4 tablespoons of olive oil and sauté the onions and garlic till translucent.
- Add the reduced pepper and let it fry till it thickens into a rich tomato stock. Now add water, teaspoon of dried thyme and bring to a boil.
- Add the rest of the ingredients into the bubbling boiling stock, taste for salt and seasoning cube. Re-adjust for taste if necessary.
- Add the seafood, lemon juice and all into the boiling pot and lower the heat.