Ofada Rice And Beef Sauce
Ofada rice is a locally produced type of rice which comes with a unique aroma and flavor. Best served with Ofada sauce.
- Prep Time Minutes
- 4 Cooking Spoons of Palmoil
- 12 Red scotch bonnet pepper(Ata rodo)
- 1 Green bell pepper
- 2 Heaped tbsp of Locust beans (Iru)
- 500g Assorted meat,500g Beef (Red meat)
- Crayfish: 3 tbsp. Ground
- 1 Red Onion
- 2 Knorr cubes
- 500g Ofada Rice
- 3 (Red Bell pepper a.k.a Tatashey)
- Salt to taste
- Rinse the Beef and Assorted meat with clean water and dice into small bits, place in a medium sized pot. Add the seasoning cubes, Salt to taste, diced onion and 2-3 cups of water. Leave to cook till tender for about 30 mins. Set aside.
- Remove the seeds from the Red bell pepper. Wash all the Red bell pepper thoroughly with clean water including the Red Scotch bonnet (Ata Rodo) and place in a blender. Blend partly rough.
- Pour the pepper puree in an empty pot and cook till all the liquid evaporates leaving the puree concentrated puree. Set aside.
- Before cooking Ofada rice, remove the stones. Wash the sorted rice severally with clean water and place in a small pot. Add some water just enough to cover the rice. Parboil for 10 mins and turn out into a clean bowl.
- Wash the parboiled rice with clean water and turn back into the pot. Add some salt and clean water- Boil till the rice softens.
- An empty medium sized pot, Heat the palmoil for about 10-13minutes. This process is known as bleaching. Bleaching is best done in a ventilated kitchen.
- Add the pepper puree and Iru and stir fry for 5 minutes
- Add the assorted meat stock including the Assorted meat and beef, Crayfish (Whole and ground). Taste to see if you need some more salt, Stir and cover the pot. Turn down the heat and leave to simmer for about 15 minutes.