Ofada sauce, also known as “Ayamase”, is a tantalising sauce that is based on a local recipe that is sure to get your mouth watering! It is usually served alongside Ofada rice that has been plated with banana leaves. If quick dinner recipes are what you’re looking for, this Ofada sauce recipe is hassle-free and easy to prepare.
- Prep Time Minutes
- Unripe habanero pepper (Ata Rodo),
- 2 green tatashe peppers or green bell peppers,
- 1 locust bean seasoning (Iru, ogiri okpei or dawadawa),
- Palm oil,
- Crayfish (if you choose),
- Assorted meat,
- Fish(Beef, Shaki [Cow Tripe], Dry fish or Stockfish).
- Wash and blend the peppers and the onion. Remember to remove the seeds from the green tatashe or the green bell peppers.
- Grind the crayfish and the locust bean seasoning with a dry mill.
- Cook your meat and fish with Knorr Stock Cubes until well done.
- Pour the blended pepper into a separate pot and cook on high heat until all of the water dries up.
- Pour the red palm oil into a clean, dry pot and bleach until it turns clear. It should look like vegetable oil when done.
- Leave the oil to cool down a bit and then add the boiled pepper puree; fry the mixture until all of the water has evaporated.
- Add the crayfish and locust bean seasoning, as well as the meat and fish, and stir well.
- Add salt to taste, leave the mixture to simmer and it is ready to be served.
- Serve with Ofada Rice with traditional uma or banana.
- For more quick and easy dinner recipes, take a look at Knorr’s library of wholesome and delicious dishes. Click here for more recipes.