Ideal for both afternoon snacks and lunchboxes, these delicious sausage rolls are simple to prepare and are guaranteed to have your family members smiling from ear to ear.
- Prep Time Minutes
- 500 g all-purpose flour,
- 250 g unsalted butter,
- Knorr Stock Cubes,
- 1 Tbsp. (15 ml) of salt,
- 1 big egg and a yolk,
- 1/2 (125 ml) cup ice-cold water,
- 250 g sausage mix.
- Pour the flour into a clean bowl, cut the butter into strips and add to the flour. Note that the butter must be at room temperature. Add the salt and work your mixture into a dough with your finger-tips. Be careful not to overwork your dough! Add the cold water and let the mixture rest for 15 minutes.
- Mix your sausage with Knorr Stock Cubes , salt, the egg and yolk and set aside.
- Sprinkle some flour onto a clean work surface, roll out the dough into a rectangular shape that is about three mm thick and add the sausage in a straight line.
- Lift the end of the dough and roll over the mixture to cover the sausage three times. Cut the pastry into desired lengths with a sharp knife.
- Arrange on a baking tray, egg-wash the pastry with the remaining egg and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200 degrees Celsius for 25 minutes until light and crispy.
- Easy recipes are ideal for families who follow busy schedules. For more simple and hassle-free dishes, click here to view Knorr’s library of tasty recipes.