Hearty, wholesome and full of rich flavour and aroma, this delicious beef stew is easy to whip up in minutes. If you’re looking for quick, easy dinner recipes, this stew recipe is ideal. Busy families can enjoy this with yam, rice or spaghetti.
- Prep Time Minutes
- 1.5 kg Fresh Tomatoes or Tinned Tomato Puree,
- 100 g Canned Tomato paste,
- 1 litre Vegetable Oil,
- 500 g Beef,
- 2 or 3 onoin bulbs,
- 5 Habanero Pepper (atarodo),
- 2 Knorr Stock Cubes
- 1 Tbsp. (15 ml) of Thyme and curry,
- Salt to Taste
- Wash and cut the meat into bite-sized cubes Place in a pot and add water, thyme, curry, one Knorr Stock Cube and salt to taste. Cook the meat until done and then fry/grill the chunks, set aside and reserve the beef stock.
- Open up the canned tomato paste, scoop the contents into a bowl and dilute with a little water and set aside.
- Grind the tomatoes, peppers and onions.
- Pour the ground tomato mix into a pot and leave to boil until the consistency is thicker and the excess water has dried up.
- Heat up the vegetable oil and, add some onions. Add the dried up tomatoes and the diluted tomato puree and fry for about 25 minutes or until the tomato loses its sour taste. Stir continuously to prevent burning at the bottom.
- Add the beef stock and cook for 10 minutes. Serve with baby potatoes, mash, rice or
- For an assortment of quick, easy dinner recipes, click here.