Knorr’s Egusi Soup, also known as melon seed soup, is a healthy and easy dinner recipe that is sure to make your mouth water. Made with a variety of vegetables, this meal is enriched with nature’s earthy goodness and will definitely leave you licking your fingers!
- Prep Time Minutes
- 200 g of Egusi seed,
- 400 g of beef,
- 50 g of cooked and boned stock fish pieces,
- 3 Tbsp. (45ml) of ground dried crayfish,
- 1 small bunch of Ugwu or bitter leaves,
- 50 ml of palm oil,
- 2 Knorr Stock Cubes,
- 1 small onions,
- 4 large fresh tomatoes,
- 1 tsp (5ml) ground chilli powder.
- Cut the beef into small cubes, season with one chopped onion and one Knorr Stock Cube. Add half a cup of water and boil for about 10 minutes or until tender. Set aside.
- Mix the ground egusi in half a cup of water. Set aside. Blend the tomatoes, the second onion and the chilli. Set aside.
- Heat the palm oil in another pot and add the Egusi mixture. Stir well and allow it to fry for a moment. Add the blend and stir well. Then Add the ground crayfish, second Knorr cube and stock fish.
- Add 2 cups of water and allow to cook for five minutes. Add the boiled meat and stir. Turn the heat down and simmer for a further two minutes.
- Wash and finely slice the Ugwu leaves. Add to the simmering soup and stir. Continue to simmer for a further five minutes to allow the vegetables to soften. Serve with cassava fufu or garri.
- Click here for more simple and delicious recipes.