Kidney Beans And Sweet Peppers
This is a combination of spices such as garlic, red onions and different kinds of pepper. It has a great taste and irresistible aroma. It’s best enjoyed served hot or warm!
- Prep Time Minutes
- Kidney beans
- Sweet peppers - red, yellow and green
- Chopped red onions
- Grated ginger
- Vegetable oil
- Soy sauce (optional)
- Knorr cube
- Soak the kidney beans in cold water overnight or for a couple of hours. This is very important. Kidney beans can be toxic if cooked straight. So, soak it in water overnight/for a couple of hours, throw away the water, give it another rinse before you boil it with salt.
- Cut your peppers longitudinally into strips and season with salt and seasoning cubes.
- In a frying pan, heat up some vegetable oil, throw in the chopped red onions, and grated garlic. Let them sauté for a few minutes, till the onions soften.
- Throw in the sliced peppers, and stir. Let it fry for 2 minutes. Sprinkle the Knorr cubes on it
- Add the kidney beans, give it one final stir and further lower the heat, to allow the kidney beans absorb the flavours of the pepper, onions and garlic. Leave it in the frying pan for 1 more minute. Serve hot or warm