Get your potato masher ready to prepare this recipe. It is made with a mix of butter, milk, local Uziza leaves & Knorr seasoning to get that flavor out of your meal.
- Prep Time Minutes
- Boiled yam chunks
- Butter - softened/room temperature
- Milk - slightly warmed
- Ground Uziza seeds
- Get your tools ready. You will need a fork or a potato masher.
- Boil your yam in cubes with salt and water till it is soft.
- Once it is almost soft, warm your milk slightly. Just slightly. If your butter is not soft i.e. room temperature, heat it lightly in a microwave for 5 seconds.
- Drain the yam cubes
- Once the yam cubes have been drained, add butter, milk and a pinch of salt then proceed to mashing it. You must do this gently. i.e. do not over beat the yam
- Keep mashing the yam gently till it is smooth and creamy. Add more butter, or milk as you go along just in case it is too thick sprinkle in about 1/2 a teaspoon of Uziza for flavour and heat.
- Taste and decide if you want to add more or not. Also taste for salt and add more if necessary.