This is a native Urhobo recipe you are sure to enjoy and would ask for more servings! It is made with a mix of blended tomatoes & pepper. It is best enjoyed with boiled yam or unripe plantain.
- Prep Time Minutes
- Goat meat or assorted meat
- Palm Oil
- Knorr cubes
- Habanero pepper - ata rodo
- Smoked Fish
- Boil and season your meat. Once they have sufficiently cooked with some stock left, add your blended tomatoes and pepper.
- Add the crayfish and smoked fish.
- Bring the contents of the pot to a gentle simmer.
- Dissolve potash about the size of half - 3 quarters of a Knorr cube in water and add to the pot and bring to the boil. The presence of the tomatoes, will mean it wouldn't bubble up as much.
- Leave it to cook and in a few minutes, you will notice that the addition of the potash has caused the prior watery stock to thicken a little. Take it off the heat and let it cool down a little.
- Stir in Palm oil into the pot. The soup will thicken and the colour will change to a pale shade of yellowish orange
- Serve with green plantain (boiled or grilled) or boiled yam