From the crust to the filling, this chicken pie recipe is the only one you’ll ever need. Try it out!
- Recipe serves:5
- Prep Time20 Minutes
- Cook Time35 Minutes
- 3 boneless chicken breasts 400-500g
- Olive oil 15g 15ml
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme 5ml
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed 10ml
- Crushed red chilli 5ml
- Coarse ground black pepper 1,5g 5ml
- Water 300g 300ml
- 3 carrots 210g
- 6 stalks celery 250ml chopped
- 1 onion 160g
- Pumpkin 150g
- KNORR chicken stock 16g
- Cream 20g 15ml
- 1 roll Ready roll pastry
- 1 egg
- Corn starch 45ml
- Preheat your oven to 200°C.
- Chop and marinate chicken in olive oil, garlic, thyme, black pepper and crushed red chilli for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring water to the boil and add KNORR chicken stock, carrots, celery and onions and cook for 2 minutes. Strain out vegetables, reserve vegetable liquid.
- Re-heat reserved vegetable liquid and simmer. Thicken by mixing a little corn flour with some water to form a smooth paste then stir into the stock.
- Stir in cream, chicken and the strained vegetables. Simmer over medium heat until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Brush edges of pie plate with egg. Turn mixture into pie plate, then top with crust; pressing edges to seal. Decorate as desired. Brush top with egg, then slit.
- Bake 20 minutes or until crust is golden brown.